Ebook of Real Food for Gestational Diabetes (For now, we only carry the ebook version of Real Food for Gestational Diabetes here on the shop. For the paperback version, you can purchase on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and anywhere books are sold.)
***This listing is for the electronic version (ePub format) of Real Food for Gestational Diabetes. Beware of other websites selling counterfeit e-copies. Buy the real thing DIRECT from the author.***
Getting diagnosed with gestational diabetes is scary, but it doesn’t have to stay that way. Imagine easily managing your blood sugar, effortlessly gaining the right amount of weight during your pregnancy, and giving birth to a beautiful, healthy baby. This can be you!
Real Food for Gestational Diabetes offers an alternative to the conventional nutrition approach that embraces nutrient-dense and delicious foods that nourish you and baby without causing high blood sugar. With the wrong information (or no information at all), far too many women are left alone struggling with erratic blood sugar and excessive weight gain, often leading them to require high doses of insulin or medications and have difficult births.
Sadly, this often happens despite these moms dutifully following the dietary advice given to them by well-meaning clinicians; a restrictive diet that leaves them feeling unsatisfied, unhappy, and confused about ever increasing blood sugars.
In Real Food for Gestational Diabetes, prenatal nutritionist and diabetes educator Lily Nichols sets the record straight, offering revamped carbohydrate recommendations and exercise guidelines based on the latest clinical research. You can have gestational diabetes and have a healthy baby. Lily will show you how. With this book, you have the tools to turn this diagnosis into a blessing in disguise.
In Real Food for Gestational Diabetes you’ll learn:
- Why conventional diet therapy often fails and what to do instead.
- How the right prenatal nutrition can reduce the likelihood you’ll need insulin by 50%.
- Exactly which foods raise your blood sugar (and more importantly, which foods DON’T raise your blood sugar).
- How to customize a meal plan with the right amount of carbohydrates for YOU (there’s no one-size-fits-all plan, despite what you may have been told).
- The truth about ketosis during pregnancy (and why checking urine ketones isn’t useful).
- Information on insulin and blood sugar-lowering medications used in pregnancy
- Which foods to emphasize to provide your baby with the right nutrients for optimal development (these real foods have a long history of producing strong, healthy babies).
- The best prenatal exercises to control your blood sugar and prepare for labor.
- What to do after delivery to prevent type 2 diabetes.